A Legislative Forum: A Faith Perspective
Date(s) - 01/21/2018
Categories No Categories
This is your chance to hear what the legislature will address in the short February session and ask your questions! This looks like THE information forum (at least in the Portland metro area). It’s sponsored by some great organizations.
When: Sunday, Jan. 21, 2:00 — 4:00 PM
Where: Westminster Presbyterian Church
1624 NE Hancock
- Revenue: How to respond to the new federal tax laws
- Environment: Clean energy jobs
- Housing: provide more funds for our most critical social issue
- Budget: are there any funds for early education, welfare, mental health and hunger?
- Open Mic: What do you want to know?
Who will be there:
Senator Ginny Burdick, Senate Majority Leader
Representative Jennifer Williamson, House Majority Leader
Senator Michael Dembrow, Chair, Senate Environment and Natural Resources Committee
Housing Alliance: Allison McIntosh
Oregon Center for Public Policy
Renew Oregon, a clean energy advocacy coalition
Sponsored by: Oregon Center for Christian Voices, Interfaith Alliance on Poverty, Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon, Jewish Federation of Greater Portland